Sunday, July 13, 2014

Review: We'll Always Have Paris by Jennifer Coburn

So here it is, my first book review ever. (real quick before I start reading for the read-a-thon)


We'll Always Have Paris is a memoir written by Jennifer Coburn. It describe her time traveling with her daughter as she gets over her fear of dying. Throughout the book, they take 4 trips to Europe because Jennifer wants to not have any regrets if she dies young.

Coupled with the stories of all the places that Jennifer and her daughter Katie visit, are flashbacks to her childhood with her father. He is the reason why she is so scared of dying young; he died when he was 49 and she is convinced that she will, too. As we travel to Paris, London, Italy, Spain, and Amsterdam with Jennifer and Katie, we watch as Jennifer learns to live in the moment and enjoy life.

I really enjoyed this book. I wasn't sure what it was going to be about until I actually took a good look at it when I went to read it. When I bought it at the bookstore, I just saw that it was about Paris and bought it. I didn't really notice that it was a memoir or that it was written by a best-selling novelist. I just have this strange fascination with Paris. So, not knowing what it was really about and knowing that it was the second book that I had brought on vacation with me, I just started to read it.

I really loved how Coburn was able to tie in what she was experiencing with her daughter with what memories she had of her father. I really want to know more about her father's life and more about her travels through Europe. Of course, the fact that the most recent trip that she took with her daughter was last year, makes knowing more about their trips through Europe a little difficult.

I thought that the book was really well written. I felt like I was experiencing the Paris night life with them. I also laughed and I cried and everything in between.

I would give the book 4/5 stars. And would really recommend it.

xoxo, Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment