Sunday, February 1, 2015

#AYEARATHON | Diversity Month



This is going to be my TBR for the #AYEARATHON read-a-thon that is this coming week. It runs February 2-8 and the theme is to read diversely. This month we are supposed to read books about or written by people who are different from us, whether it be racially, ethnically, spiritually, socio-economically (etc.). I never really think about diversity when deciding what book I want to read, I really normally just think about whether or not I like the sound of the plot. I'm really looking forward to reading things that are different from what I know. These are the books that I've picked out as possibilities for this week:

How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents by Julia Alvarez
Life of Pi by Yann Martel
An Anthology of Native American Plays edited by Mimi Gisolfi D'Aponte
The Not-So-Star-Spangled Life of Sunita Sen by Mitali Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment