Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Semi-Annual Sale Day 1...

So it's here. Bath and Body Works' Semi-Annual Sale. And being that I can't resist a sale (or super inexpensive stuff from BBW) I did some shopping. And I know that I will get tempted down the line, so I imagine that this will not be the last of my GIANT bags from there in the next month. Here it is, my bag of stuff:


 And here's the stuff out of the bag:


I feel like even though I did spend like $70, I got a load of things for that price. And considering the prices on the original items, it was a steal! So now I will go through all that I bought and tell a little bit about all of it.

I ended up getting 10 of the 3-wick candles. Yes, 10. That is certainly a ton of candles, but at 75% off, I really couldn't say no. The fall/winter scents were 75% off while the more recent releases from the spring/summer are 50% off, but I didn't end up buying any of those. All of the candles I bought were 75% off and ended up being $5 each before my coupons. They were all originally $20.

The first candles that I ended up buying were these Red Velvet Cupcake ones:


I'm not sure whether or not I'm going to end up keeping these or if I'm going to give them as gifts. I quite like the smell of them, but I have so many candles...? The fragrance description on the bottom of the candle claims: "This Southern classic is perfect for the holidays - rich vanilla frosting and authentic red velvet cake."

The next candles that I bought were the Blueberry Pumpkin Patch:


This was one of my favorites from last fall. I have a few left from then, but I really just couldn't say no to $5. It really seems like a strange combination, but it really is great. Although, it's not for someone who doesn't like foody, baking scents. The description is: "Blueberries fresh from the farm are the perfect match for ripe pumpkins in this delicious autumn blend."

These next candles, I went a bit crazy on...


Yes, those are all the same candle. I did buy 6 of them. Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin is definitely one of my favorites so I just had to stock up while they were so cheep. These are all from the Fresh Picked collection. They had a few different collections, all with the same scented candle in it last fall, but they all smell the same. The description for this one is "A fall harvest favorite inspired by delicious treats found at the local market-pumpkin pie, vanilla creme and spice."

Moving on to body care now, I got really excited when I realized that they had brought back one of my favorite seasonal scents from a few years ago, Wild Citrus Sunflower.


I was so upset that this scent was only seasonal and I only had bought one trio of it (shower gel, lotion, fragrance mist). I went a little bit overboard but it's okay. It's just such a light summery, springy scent, I love it so much! It is described as: "a sunny blend of sparkling clementine, cheerful sunflowers and luscious white nectarine."

The next body care things that I got were definitely a gift for someone, but I'll show it anyway. Forever Sunshine was discontinued a while ago so a lot of people are happy that it's been brought back for the sale this year:


It is described as: "a fresh blend of golden apricot, pink peonies, and a hint of praline that captures the romance of warm days that linger into cool autumn."

All of the body care that I bought wast $3 each before coupons, discounted from $11 each.

The last couple of things that I got were a bit of an impulse. They were also with the 75% stuff. I've never tried them before but I quite like the True Blue range:


I got the dry shampoo and the glossing cream from the Shea Cashmere Hair range within the True Blue range. They are both scented with "an addictive blend of vanilla almond, white nectarine, and silk tree flower." They do smell similar to the Shea Cashmere hand creams. The dry shampoo seems to be like any other dry shampoo but it says that it has "natural oat and rice powders and a nourishing combination of silk proteins and cashmere extract" so I don't know if it would have a more nourishing or softening feel to it. The glossing creme says that it "infuses hair with silky softness to control frizz while adding brilliant shine." I have quite dry, frizzy hair so I thought that something claiming to control frizz could be a good investment. Both of these items were originally $16.50 but with the 75% off they ended up being $6.50 each.

Overall, I'm quite happy with all of my purchases and am super excited to get to use them! Stay tuned for maybe another haul from the semi-annual sale :)

xoxo Jennie

**disclaimer: I am a sales associate with Bath and Body Works**

No comments:

Post a Comment